Education & Training
May 2017: Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia, B.B.A., Journalism (Concentration in Public Relations)
- Concentration in Public Relations with a Minor in English.
May 2005 – May 2009: TeenPact Leadership School, Atlanta, Georgia
- TeenPact is a government simulation held annually at The Georgia State Capitol, where high school students participate in mock legislative processes. Served as participant, team leader, and ultimately instructor, leading mock legislative sessions, instructing students on legislative processes, and mentoring students on participating in the process.
January – June 2014: Center for Civil and Human Rights, Public Relations Intern
- Worked directly with Marketing Director and Public Relations Director part time while attending Georgia State University.
- Assisted in the strategic development and maintenance of social media content.
- Supported website maintenance using Express Engine.
- Assisted with developing and editing materials, including e-newsletters, and flyers, social media and email communication.
- Helped prepare for meetings, briefings and tours as needed.
- Ensured press kits are updated and available.
- Updated monthly tracking and evaluation reports.
- Followed up on calendar and email requests and support scheduling for Marketing and Communication Staff.
- Supported photography (shooting and editing) needs and set up/clean up at events as needed. Experienced editing video for YouTube.
Aug 2013 to Dec 2013: Warrior2Citizen Public Relations Campaign, Atlanta, Georgia, Researcher/Editor
- Led a full communications audit for the Warrior2Citizen public relation research team for a four month period. Assessed the client’s current communication plan by researching the effectiveness of the existing communications channels and assessing other potential communication options. Met and presented to the client recommended improvements based on research findings, which would drive public awareness of the client’s organization.
- Managed nine researchers. Delegated research topics, reviewed and edited researcher submissions, as well as personally performed primary and secondary research in support of the project.
Jan 2010 to present: Alternative Press Magazine, Atlanta, Georgia, Public Relations Member
- Represent Alternative Press, a leading music industry magazine, and their clients at Atlanta Area concerts and festivals. Drive public awareness of Alternative Press by speaking directly with the public in either “one on one” or group settings, and through managing and distributing promotional materials at events for Alternative Press.
- Lead focus group interviews and conduct surveys with magazine subscribers for various projects, reporting results back to clients.
- Conduct research to identify potential new artists for magazine features.